Monday, December 17, 2012

Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection (Part 1)


Selena, 3 coats: peach creme with hidden shimmer.  One of my favorites from this collection!  It applies well and looks great with my warm skin tone.  The shimmer is barely there, but in the sun you can see a little sparkle.


Kissed At Midnight, 2 coats: clear based gold and silver glitter in fine and medium sizes.  If you're not a fan of warm gold glitters, this cooler alternative might be the one for you.


Hit The Lights, 4 coats: dandelion yellow creme.  The formula was streaky as yellows tend to be, so I needed the fourth coat to even it out.  It's alright, but not superb.  I have a similar yellow from UO with a better formula.


Sweet Dreams, 1 coat: clear based glitter with medium silver, small teal-blue, and fine lavender glitter.  There were no issues with application, and I love how the teal pops against Hit The Lights.


Love Song, 2 coats: lavender purple creme.  Love Song has a great two coat formula.  There's a softness to it that I like.


Confetti Fun, 1 coat: clear based rainbow glitter with super fine shimmer like silver glitter.  Another rainbow glitter, but I appreciate the shimmery glitter in it that sets it apart from all the others we've seen.


Spring Break, 2 coats: bright pink creme with blue undertones.  This one's a little darker and bluer than all the other blue-pinks.  Excellent formula as well.


Heavenly Angel, 2 coats: iridescent flakies that reflect gold, blue, and purple.  Some orange and green can be seen as well.  Heavenly Angel is composed of those thicker flakies found in polishes like Sinful Colors Green Ocean.  I didn't have any problems with the flakies sticking up, which was nice.  But I did find the formula a little thin for my taste, which meant the flakies applied a bit sparsely.


Verdict:  Besides Hit The Lights, all of the polishes reviewed had relatively good formulas.  My favorite was Selena, but Love Song and the glitters were nice as well.

Availability:  Selena Gomez lacquers will be available January 2013 for $7.99 each at retailers including select Target, Walmart, CVS, K-mart, Rite Aid, ULTA, Sears, Meijer, Fred Meyer, Kroger and H-E-B locations. In Canada, this line will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug.


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.

Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

10 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)