Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection (Part 2)

Today I have the second half of the new Selena Gomez collection!  You can find the first half here: Part 1.


Naturally, 3 coats: blue toned medium pink creme with subtle shimmer.  The shimmer is only barely visible in sunlight.  It's a nice color if you don't already own one.  Pinks like this tend to be unflattering on me, but this one was fine.  Formula-wise, it was about average.  It's best applied in thin coats.


Inner Sparkle, 1 coat: clear based glitter with gold, medium pink, and medium light purple glitter.  It's a very subtle looking glitter.  Because the colors are so light, they tend to look silvery in the sunlight.  It's much easier to pick out the different colors in the shade.  A darker base like black might also highlight the colors better.  I think it's a cute, girly mix of glitters.


Scarlett, 2 coats: bright pink jelly with gold shimmer.  The shimmer generally looks like a bright pink shimmer, but in the shade you can detect the gold.  It's very sparkly in the sun, almost like a glitter.  I found the formula to be a little on the gloopy side, but nothing too problematic.


Stars At Night, 1 coat: clear based glitter with holographic bar glitters.  The glitter is very dense, so it applies a little patchy.  I'm not particularly picky when it comes to bar glitters, but I didn't like this.  Maybe it's because it only contains bar glitters, but it looks very "hairy."  I even tried applying it horizontally to make the glitters point different ways, but eh.  Not my thing.


Pretty In Plum, 2 coats: red-toned shimmery purple.  The formula was superb and it looks great in the sun.


Mi Fantasia, 1 coat: clear based glitter with fine blue glitter with short bar glitters that shift from green to yellow.  This one doesn't give me the hairy impression, and I think the yellow-green adds a little something to the blue.


Verdict:  Overall, a nice balanced collection of girly colors and glitters.  My favorites from this set are Naturally and Inner Sparkle.  Pretty In Plum is a nice as well, if you're into purples.  When considering the collection as a whole (part 1 and 2 combined), my picks would be: Selena, Love Song, and Inner Sparkle.

Availability:  Selena Gomez lacquers will be available January 2013 for $7.99 each at retailers including select Target, Walmart, CVS, K-mart, Rite Aid, ULTA, Sears, Meijer, Fred Meyer, Kroger and H-E-B locations. In Canada, this line will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug.


Liz

*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.

Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)