Saturday, July 26, 2014

[Review+Swatch] China Glaze Off Shore Collection



Hi lovelies! Today I have some of the colors from China Glaze's summer 2014 collection: Off Shore. This collection boasts of neons and brights that are perfect for showing off in the sun. I'm always a little intimidated by neons -they don't tend to flatter me- but I actually really enjoyed these.


Sun Upon My Skin, 3 coats: pale, bright yellow creme. It's definitely not neon, but it does have a bit more oomph to it than a regular yellow creme. When you wear it, you'll see the brightness. I found it applies a little patchy, but the consistency is great, so it covers well in 3 coats.



Be More Pacific, 3 coats: light yellow-green creme. This one's not neon either, but it's bright. So it's not like a regular pale green creme. I found it a little streaky, but again it evened out nicely in 3 coats.



Shore Enuff, 3 coats: bright neon green creme. This one's much more vibrant and neon-esque than the previous two. It's a gorgeous, bright green, but still a bit more muted than a true neon green.



Float On, 2 coats: hot neon pink creme. My camera is clearly freaking out here, but I think I captured it as close as possible. It's very bright like a true neon. Plus, you have to love that two-coat formula.



Dune Our Thing, 2 coats: bright magenta creme. I think I'm in a phase right now where I love colors like this. I did find the formula a bit thin though, so make sure to buff your nails and use a good base coat. Otherwise, it's very pigmented and applies well enough.



X-Ta-Sea, 2 coats: bright purple creme. Eek! Looking at the pictures now, I definitely should have done a third coat. This one applies more like a crelly, but looks like a creme once you build it up. As you can see, you need to make sure your next coat completely covers the previous one. Otherwise, you get that slight color variation like you see along my cuticles.


Verdict: With the exception of X-Ta-Sea, I thought all of these were great. I was particularly surprised by how flattering they all were. I especially liked how the yellow and light green were bright with a touch of fluorescence. They're much more wearable than a true neon for me. My favorites are Sun Upon My Skin, Shore Enuff, and Be More Pacific. I liked wearing Dune Our Thing too, but the formula could have been better.

Availability: China Glaze® nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, please visit www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Facebook (@ChinaGlaze), Instagram (@ChinaGlazeOfficial), Twitter (@ChinaGlaze) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/chinaglaze).

Have you tried any of the Off Shore colors? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)